Caps for CURE is a grassroots fundraising effort benefiting CURE Childhood Cancer. Inspired by one young teenager battling cancer and wanting to make a meaningful contribution to research, Caps for CURE is now being implemented throughout schools and workplaces. We encourage you to execute this effort in your environment and let one child’s battle and fight against a terrible disease channeled with a will to make a difference for herself and other children, continue to create lifesaving impact by contributing critical dollars to research funding.
Goal of the Program:
Create a connection and awareness for the side effect of hair loss caused by chemotherapy treatments children battling cancer endure while raising funds for research projects targeted to tackle the most hard to cure pediatric cancers.
How to Participate:
1. Choose a date where students in your school community or workplace make a donation to wear a cap for a great cause.
· A set amount can be established (example $1.00) or general donations can be collected
· Cash or checks made out to CURE Childhood Cancer are accepted forms of payment
2. Use various marketing avenues to publish the date to the school or workplace community
· CURE can provide flyers that can be edited
· Remind often the days leading up to the event
3. Collect donations the day of the event
4. Coordinate with the CURE team to distribute collected funds
5. Celebrate and share your success with CURE so we can blog about your school or workplace and post it on our Facebook page.
· Photos showing efforts and amount raised are great
· Stories or quotes from those involved are also appreciated
Impact can be created in a very short amount of time. Schools and workplaces across the nation have an opportunity to raise thousands of dollars and help children in need today. Imagine how much research can be accomplished if every community embraces this simple program.
For additional questions or to share your accomplishments, please contact Paula Collins at email@example.com.